Thursday, November 11, 2010

A Good Spiritual Slap

I stumbled across something today that stung my heart a bit.  I wallowed, I whined, I sassed a little ... and then the Lord does what only He can do and spiritually, yet lovingly, slapped me into reality.  I have nothing to be upset over!  I have everything to rejoice in!  In Him I am precious, unconditionally loved, forgiven and He gives me limitless possibilities.  I won't waste them on pettiness or hurt.  I'm thankful for so many things ... way too many to list.  Lately when I have trouble finding peace about certain things or how to handle lifes little annoyances I've been asking myself "what would I tell Bennett?"  Am I living the life I want him to live?  Am I handling situations with Christ 1st and self 2nd?  I am preparing a spirit of forgiveness in him; to strive daily to live in peace with everyone?  If I'm not ... shame on me!  Cultivating Christlike qualities in him is my responsibility.  And let's face it, children learn what they live.  And for this sweet face I want all God has to offer him and a true, deep love for the Lord!!! 

1 comment:

  1. You never told me you have a blog! Glad I found you. :) My eyes have been looking for a house for sale. It keeps falling on the one on 55 with the pool. What a beautiful setting! Hope you are having some luck! Will I see you this weekend? Hope so.
    Love,
    Jennie

    ReplyDelete