Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A Lovely Afternoon

So this is a bit late but better late than never ... they say.  Sometimes I beg to differ with that statement. 

Ok, for just a minute I'm going to divert.  I am currently sitting @ my favorite coffee shop in Troy updating my blog off course and cringing as I can't help but overhear these 2 women sitting beside me.  I say can't help because they are loud.  Sorry, but the truth hurts.  They are currently talking about the disgust in being seen in The Dollar Tree, Goodwill, and second hand stores.  Really?  Am I seriously here right now?  Maybe it's me or my mood but come on people!!!  Kids across this world, adults too, or around the corner from our own houses would give life and limb for our everyday indulgences.  Nothing is too little for them .. they don't know "brand name" stores, they don't know "secondhand", they don't know "bargains".  I pray for these two right now that God will open their hearts to what breaks His.  I pray they see that avoiding places because you don't want to be seen there is, for lack of better verbage, UTTERLY RIDICULOUS!  The only place we should be worried about being seen is in front of our heavenly father if we haven't accepted Him as our all-in-all, or have turned our backs on His word.  I pray that God gives me the strength to refrain from saying the things my sinful mouth sometimes spouts out .. that instead I find encouraging, yet truthful, words of love that may open their eyes.  Oh boy ... this is a doozy of a situation!

Ok, on to a lighter topic for which I was excited about blogging about.  A few weekends ago, my beautiful friend Alison and I, took off for the afternoon.  This be her.  Isn't she cute!

There's nothing like spending time with one of your oldest and truest friends.  You know what I'm talking about.  The ones that no matter what are always there.  Whether it's been a week since you last talked or months.  It always feels comfy.  Conversation is easy, honest, uplifting, and truthful.  It just can't be beat.
Then you add antiques and flea finds nestled in a beautiful woods with inspiration all around ... wowee!




These are just a few of the fabo displays.  So much to look at .. so much to buy.  But we were good, we were.  I of course forgot to take pics of the loot but Ali came home with a beautiful framed chalkboard and some too-adorable posies for Miss Carly Noodle's flowing locks.  I came home with a 1950's chunky vintage bracelet in the most stunning shade of green you ever saw - yay!!!!
And because I want to be as cute as she is, I had to have my mug taken with the vintage truck as well.
Now, I will say that this isn't the most horrible picture of me.  However, I don't know why I chose to stand where I did ...  Wait, of course I have always wanted my picture taken in front of a porta-john .. I mean come on, haven't you???  Anywho, despite the ugly background, the day turned out to be a lovely afternoon!

3 comments:

  1. haha I love ya Mara Farmer! This post made me giggle! and be jealous of your flea marketing! ee gads! we flea market?!?!?! whooooo would do such a thing! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know Laci .. I didn't even think about that - seriously! Here I am prayin' over these 2 and bitin' my tongue and then I go on to blog about flea market-ing! ;) Ha - that is too coincidental!! They don't know what they're missin'!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like good time.
    had to chortle at the conversation you heard. alternately, i'm abashed being seen in expensive stores (as if i could afford anything there anyway). but you speak true. i'm embarassed at what i spend even in a thrift store, when i think about how even that $ could be used to help a hungry child... hopefully this reminds me to put my shame to work in actions more often.

    ReplyDelete