Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Sticking to My Day Job!

Well, I confirmed to myself tonight that I am not cut out for public speaking! I was asked, and was more than willing, to speak @ The Missionary Church's district camp banquet meeting about our family's experience at camp this past summer. Well ... I got through it at least. I talk extremely fast especially when I'm nervous, it's the Mexican in me, and a couple of the guys from PV were doing the "whoo whoo whoo" that Arsenio Hall used to do. That's always a great way to calm the nerves! Thanks guys! The food and fellowship were wonderful and the best part is that God's message was shared and felt.

Tomorrow I am off to one of my most favorite places ... drumroll ... The Ivy League! My friend Katie is going to help me revamp my home decor for spring/summer. She did this for me at the beginning of winter and oh how I loved it!!! I'm super excited, probably won't sleep tonight, but will post pics tomorrow of the before and afters. Her ideas are always amazing and she helps get my creative side going! Hopefully she can give me some ideas of what to do with the fabric I've been buying off of ebay. Especially since I can't even sew a button on a shirt ... NO JOKE people!

No comments:

Post a Comment