Sunday, March 14, 2010

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Funny enough, this time in my life is anything but "silent" however I am trying to quiet my mind and fully listen to where God is wanting me to be right now. My husband Cory and I have a lot of new adventures that we are praying about and I'm typically a planner, thinker, worrier. However as of late I have come to realize that I can't hear God's will when I'm too busy thinking about my own ... hence "A Silent Season". To just tell you a little bit about us first off we are both living our lives for our Savior, Jesus Christ, and doing our best to raise our son up the way He guides us. Our son, Bennett Carlos, is 5 years old and we feel truly honored to be his parents. 4 1/2 years ago we were blessed with his coming into our lives through our rollercoaster, yet wonderful, experience of adoption. I have been able to stay at home with Bennett ever since we brought him home from Guatemala and let me just say, it's the hardest and most rewarding job I could ever have imagined!! But just knowing that God had a perfect plan and kept us waiting for THIS child, is indescribable! He has more than abundantly loved us, provided for us, and protected us over the past 11 years of marriage. As I said before we are in the midst of a lot of decisions; our home is for sale, we are praying about where Bennett will be at school this fall, where our new home will be, a second adoption has been in our hearts and on our minds, and what God has in store for me as I move into a new chapter of being a stay-at-home mom. I hope to bring a little day-to-day humor to this blog ... my son is the funniest! I also am dabbling in some new "ventures" because I love decorating, shopping for antiques and flea market finds, crafting, and suddenly fashion! Who knew? I also love to serve and hope to bring to light many opportunities for our family to do so. My hope is that you will enjoy this blog and that in a few years I will be able to look back and have some great memories!!!

Mara

No comments:

Post a Comment