Thursday, April 1, 2010

Chicago's Glory!

Wow ... it's been a few days.  I've missed you blog, but I'm back now!  Cory had a last minute business trip this past weekend and asked if Bennett and I wanted to tag along.  So we packed our bags and headed up to Chicago.  Our 4 day schedule was jam packed with The Shedd Aquarium, The Field Museum, the Planetarium, The Sear's Tower, Navy Pier, and of course lots of eating and tons of shopping.  We experienced a lot in a mere 4 days, many things which we had never done before.  Like riding the El, the subway, and in a taxi.  You're laughing I'm sure but remember we are from rural Darke County Ohio and there are no red lines here.  We've been out of the country and to numerous states but somehow Chicago was different.  Massive yet quaint ... noisy yet quiet ... scary yet liberating.  I of course took a ton of pictures, 308 to be exact, but couldn't fit them all on here so I hope these will suffice.  Chicago was full of glory but like Dorothy says "There's no place like home!"

So many flower shops in Old Town.  It was nice to see such beauty in the big city!

The beautiful architecture in Old Town.  Love at first sight!

This darling paper boutique in Old Town called Greer.  I could've spent hours in there.

Navy Pier's magnificent views!

The many faces of Bennett!  He was unhappy about waiting for the bus for what seemed like a lifetime; him with the Guatemalan dance masks @ The Adler Museum (I love when places we visit have things from his culture and birthplace); and Bennett just plain happy!

The beauty of Chicago's downtown.

More beauty! 

1 comment:

  1. Nice Pictures girl!!:) Glad you had fun! I love that place!

    ReplyDelete