Thursday, April 22, 2010

Just Beautiful

I love days like today!  I woke up with a horrible sinus / allergy headache, which is the norm lately, but decided that I was going to try and make the best of the beauty in the day.  So Bennett and I ran a few errands, went to Jim's Root Beer stand for lunch, picked up Gammaw Carlos and headed out to one of our favorite places to buy spring flowers, Miller's.  My eyes were a bit overwhelmed but in the best possible way!  We planted sweet pea vines and gorgeous red-orange marigolds.  Marigolds sometimes get overlooked but plant them in front of something purple, like lavendar or salvia, and boy do they shine!  I dug this old green metal picnic type box out of the garage and went to town; tangerine geranium, peach orchard verbena, variegated ivy, and light purple nemesia.  I nestled in a stone dove from The Little Shops in Verona and voila!!!! I had a little extra verbena left as well as one ivy plant so I put those babies in a milk glass vase and out on the back patio they sit, looking quite pretty if I do say so myself.  Point is, the day started a little rough but ended just beautifully!



No comments:

Post a Comment