Sunday, May 16, 2010

Good Deals = Delighted!

So over the past couple of weeks I've scored a few oh-so-wonderful (at least I think) peices!  I literally got such great deals I wanted to shout it from the rooftops!!!  I love stumbling upon things and bringing them home to see the look on my husbands face ... which strangely enough isn't always as excited as mine.  I don't think it's because he "dislikes" the things I've drug home.  He just knows he's going to hear "Honey could you ...?"  Also because we are busting out of the walls here in our current home there isn't much extra storage space for my "we'll use it in the farmhouse" finds.  Either way, I bring these looked over treasures home every chance I get.  He appeases me and crams them in different nooks here and there about the garage, attic, and sometimes even in the back of his truck.  Bless his heart.  I tell him that he married me and my addicitions.

So here they are!  The cast iron sink is a real beaut ... missing faucet and all!  I am currently looking for a company that will re-enamel it for me and then I'll get new hardware.  Eventually I would love to see this in a mudroom or guest bathroom with a lovely fabric skirt underneath.  Something Amy Butler-esque.  The scale I stumbled upon at a "moving sale" in Phillipsburg as my mom and I were driving home from our Mother's Day dinner out.  The lady said "$5" and I broke out in a sweat!!  This weekend Bennett and I went to the Springfield Antique Market Extravaganza and I eyed some of these babies ranging from $35-$90.  One that was white and had the same name on it as mine was marked $90 ... I mean how lucky am I????  Last but definently not least is my new-vintage 1930's mailbox.  The lady at the flea market said it would be cute all painted up but I kind of like the petina it has now.  I am revamping my porch and this is exactly what I was looking for. 

Needless to say I'm pretty happy about my new finds.  It's the simple things.  I'll tell ya ... good deals make me delighted!


No comments:

Post a Comment