Thursday, May 13, 2010

Rainy Days are A - O - K!



So today was all of the above; cold, dreary, and rainy.  It was the kind of day that a nap is the first thing you think about the second your feet hit the floor from waking up.  It was a stay in your pj's, wrap yourself in a blanket, veg out kind of day.  For us it was also a fun filled day at, as my friend's son calls it, "The King Burger"!  After picking up Bennett from preschool, along with his best girl Miss Mollie, we grabbed our umbrellas and trucked it on up to Burger King where we met up with my friend Lyndie and her little Guatemalan beauty, Yosi.  The kids ate, played, bickered as kids do, then hugged and were sad about going home.  Ah, to be a kid again!  It was so fun just watching them interact even though every 10 minutes Bennett was telling on someone for something.  I see some kind of "patrol" in his future although he keeps telling his preschool teacher that he wants to be the red Power Ranger when he grows up!  You go son!!!  I'm proud of you no matter what!
I love getting to do playdates and I especially love when Bennett gets the chance to connect and bond with other adopted children no matter where they are from.  However I will say, and I may be biased, but Yosi and Bennett are 2 of the cutest Guatemalan lovelies I've ever seen!! 

This rainy day turned out to be A -O - K!

2 comments:

  1. twas definitely the perfect counter-action to rainy day blues. we had fun too. it was a great encouragement to talk to another adoptive mom, and yosi had fun too, once she wiggled out of her shy-shell. plus- she took a great nap when we got home!

    looking forward to the next time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps. can i have a copy the pic of those adorable kiddos?

    ReplyDelete