Tuesday, May 4, 2010

"I Keep on Loving You"

"Love is ..."

This past weekend my husband and I were blessed with a short but wonderful getaway!  We will be celebrating our 11th wedding anniversary this Friday and let's face it, nowdays 11 years is a lot!!!  We are lucky to have parents who are still together after 30 plus years of marriage.  I am realizing that this is rare which makes me appreciate what we have even more.  I pray that God gives us 50 more years of wedded bliss, at least!!!  This is not to say that things have always been "easy" because after losing a child to miscarriage, 4 years of infertility, the roller coaster that is adoption, and just "life" in general, we've had our fair share of less than blissful days.  But our new promise to each other .. "I keep on loving you"! 

1 Corinthians 13:4-7 says:
Love is patient, love is kind.  It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

I hope that we can always remember these things .. even when it's hard.  Just walking hand in hand this weekend and stealing secret looks at each other reminded me of the kids we used to be when we started dating at 15.  Needless to say, we aren't those same kids anymore but who we are is exactly who God intended us to be!  I thank him everyday for sending me the God fearing, Christ loving, hard working, best friend, best father for our children, man that He did!  A man who would give you the shirt off his back, is determined to succeed in all he does, who opened his heart to the idea of adoption when some husbands wouldn't, who fell head over heels in love with our son the minute his toes popped up on the computer screen referal picture, who loves me when I don't love myself, and who prays with our son each night and shows him that a true man can have a tender spirit.  And now that I'm done being sappy, I will add that on top of all of this, he loves antiquing with me and finding great vintage things for our dream farmhouse!  Why would I ask for more?

So here are a few of our favorite things from our weekend getaway to Columbus, Ohio.  We visited Short North and The German Village.  I fell in love with them both equally but for different reasons.   

A great little shop called SoBo Style!  I scored those vintage chairs on the right as my anniversary gift.  They rock!!!  Literally they rock!

More SoBo Style
I abso love that chandelier!  Some would say I have an obsession? 

Check out that pie safe ... I loved it!!!

Love this shutter idea and all of the mercury glass trinkets were beautiful!  I'm laughing because Cory thought I was crazy for trying to get a picture of myself in the mirror.  Maybe I was?

This was taken at a shop called "Collier West".  I would nearly give an arm for that chandelier and antique plate rack.  Everything there was stunning!!! 

"Loot" was another amazing place!  I am really loving the pheasant and peacock decor!

The German Village was filled with beautifully landscaped homes on cobblestone streets.

They also love their wrought iron there ...

... and more antiques!

No comments:

Post a Comment