Thursday, May 27, 2010

A Happy Camper!

Well today I was one happy lil' camper!  Bennett and I hopped in the car with Gammaw Carlos and headed over to Tipp City, in a severe thunderstorm with hail I might add, to check out a new "vintage - antique" store called A Royal Nest.  I picked up a couple of great things for super, unbelievable, cheap prices!!!!  It's great to find something you instantly fall in love with and it's icing on the cake when you don't have to sell an appendage to take those pretties home.  After stopping at A Royal Nest we started driving home and spotted another antique goody shop in what used to be Second Street Deli.  And oh boy!!!  In the past 2 days for less than $100 I have scored the following:  a gorgeous gray-blue dove tail box from Smith's Antiques, a sweet as can be little white bird, a vintage clock, a glass vase that I planted Baby's Tears in, a chippy old white cornace that I'm going to use for a shelf, and an old white painted basket that as of right now doesn't have a purpose, but don't worry, I'll put 'er to work.  On top of all of this, Cory is taking that ugly duckling chair into Vintage Scout Interiors tomorrow.  I went down a couple of days ago, walked in and saw this distressed wood table painted a gray-blue and said "That's what color I'm talking about!"  Then Jean took me upstairs to the hundreds, literally, of upholstery books she had, opened the first book and BAM ... there is was!  A smoky blue, bold, big floral print that screams modern country to me.  So hopefully I can contain myself and not miss her to much while she's gone getting her makeover. 
As for what the weekend will hold, I am looking forward to having the hubby home for 3 days!  We are also super excited that Saturday we get to spend the entire day with Bennett's biological sister, her adoptive mom, and her newly adopted sister from Haiti!!!  This is Bennett's first time meeting his sister's sister, complicated I know, but he is sooooo happy about getting to love on the both of them.  He quite enjoys being the over protective, younger but bigger, brother.  As for us parents, we are just so thankful that God has allowed us to live only 3 hours apart so that the kids bond can flourish and deepen.  We wish we could be together all of the time however we will enjoy every minute of each visit.

I absolutely love this vignette under our kitchen cabinets!  I could stare at it all day!  And let me add that I have never loved a wooden box like I do this one.  She's simply beautiful.  

I've been looking for a clock like this forever.  Good things come to those who wait ... scored this for $7!

Oh how I love Baby Tears!

The gorgeous Thomas Paul fabric for my ugly ducking chair.  The picture doesn't do the smokey blue color justice. 

The white basket for which I have no use for as of yet and the old, white, chippy cornace that I'm going to use as a shelf in my kitchen.  I heart them as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment